Saturday, August 21, 2010

TV Addiction

I know I said I was back, and I am sorry I have not updated since that last post. The biggest reason I have not updated on any Television shows is becuase I  CANT STOP WATCHING ANGEL. About two or three weeks ago I started watching the series. I have owned Season One for a while but had never finished it becuase my copy was scratched. For some reason though I was drawn to it and started watching the first season. Then two weekends ago was something called Park Ave fest in the city I live in. I went into a local record store and there was the entire series of Angel sitting on the top shelf of the book case for 15 buck a season. It was like the gods were calling out to me "Alyssa, Finish Angel." I have taken their challenge and in just two week I have finished three seasons of this amazing show.

I cannot even begin to explain how much I love Angel. I love how much the three character, (Angel, Cordelia and Wesley) have grown since they have been on Buffy. Cordelia is a strong and independent women now. She is not just a shallow rich girl but she has found her purpose in life. She wants and needs to help people. That is why she is here on earth; that is why she has been given her visions. Angel has also matured and let people in more. Wesley is so much less of a klutz.

What I love most of all though is Fred and Gunn. I am sorry guys, I am a sap for romance. I love love stories. Always have and always will. Especially when the two are meant to be together as much as these two are. They are so cute and so compatible I love it. I mean I would love to have her all to myself but that is not an option at the moment.

So that is my take on Angel as of now in a tipsy state.

Any comments? Agree? Disagree? Never seen it (well then get off my site and watch it)? Let me know!!

APB

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I actually went through my Buffy phase just a few months ago where I brushed up on a few seasons of Buffy, and some Angel, so I know EXACTLY what you're going through.

Here's my take; I 100% agree with you on Cordelia's complete change, she was an awful person in the first few seasons of Buffy, and then she becomes this amazing, beautiful woman on Angel. She is by far one of my top t.v. characters. As for Gunn and Fred, I was rooting for them from the beginning and I think they are so cute. I am completely in love with Amy Acker (Fred) and she (and Eliza Dushku) is what led me to watch Dollhouse, which she was amazing in. So, enjoy it while it lasts. :)

As for me, I'm brushing up on Ugly Betty, I stopped watching at the end of season two, and now that it ended, I thought it might be a good idea to finish it, and so far it is amazing. I never thought I could love AND hate a character as much as I do for Wilhelmina; the show also gave me my top favorite t.v. character: Molly.




Now as for the upcoming fall season, I'm most looking forward to the premieres of Bones and Grey's Anatomy! (As well as How I Met Your Mother, Glee, Desperate Housewives and Castle) Can't Wait!

Alphabetsoup said...

I need to catch up on old Ugly Betty episodes. I am ashamed to say I watched Season 1 and 2. And the last 5 episodes of the final season.

Also I feel like you are my TV soul mate. We watch pretty much all the same shows!

APB

Anonymous said...

When you do get around catching up on Ugly Betty, keep me posted with your thoughts.

And the fact that we have the love of almost all shows in common made me ecstatic when I found your blog, now I can talk to someone else other than my sister without getting a 'whatever' face! Yay!

Post a Comment