Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Ready to Catch New VD's


I know it has been around all season, but I really can't get over how clever that ad campaign is. Although we shouldn't be joking about STDs being spread, I think it is genius. I laugh every time! Seriously marketing at its finest.

I hope everyone is ready for the return of The Vampire Diaries and the almost always shirtless Salvatore Brothers. It has been a lonely six weeks in APB land without my favorite vampires, doppelgangers, witches and Gilberts. O Vampire Diaries how I have missed you. I am not really into spoilers, I like seeing the show as it goes, but I have seen the previews, sneak peaks and pictures of who was cast as Klaus. Sometimes I want to say  I more excited than words but that is never true because directly after I talk about my excitement. First lets all watch the promo and then discuss:



Off the bat I notice, there is a hell of a lot of screaming in the short promo which means, the rest of the season is going to be awesome!!!  Elena's mom, Isobel is back in town. Let us not forget that Isobel is not merely Elena's birth mother. No my friends, that would make the show too boring. Isobel is also Alaric's ex-wife who after researching vampires decided that she wanted to be turned by none other than Mr. Damon Salvatore. When you think about it, this show is almost as, if not more, incestuous than The OC. I love Isobel so so much. Partially it is because of Jenny on The L Word but also we have no idea what her game is. Why is she really there? Does she really care about Elena? How are the interaction with Alaric going to play out? We know she still loves him, but he doesn't because she compelled him to forget!!

There is so much awesomeness bundled in that 31 second clip I can't stop smiling. I am ready for Elena/Katherine switches galore! I wonder if Isobel will be able to tell the difference between the two like Stefan? The only thing I am truly worried about is the Matt storyline. I am scared that he is going to become totally anti vampire and tries to get everyone against Caroline subsequently turning into a person I hate. On the opposite end, him knowing about the supernatural powers that be in Mystic Falls may make his character obsolete. Lets keep our fingers crossed that neither of my predictions come true.

So lets get pumped for tomorrow night at 8pm. It is going to be a good one!

APB

0 comments:

Post a Comment